Have you always led a holistic lifestyle?
- I always gravitated towards nature but when my life crumbled I truly found solace in the natural world and all its wonders and purity.Have your daughters also adopted the same principles?
- Yes…although sometimes they do try to sneak in some contraband item, only to regret it laterWhat’s considered contraband?
- Something like Pantene shampoo or potato chips containing GMO’s!What made you start your blog?
- Once I delved into the natural world I felt a need to share my knowledge with others. The blog gave me a voice…it was a nice transition from acting.Lets talk about your love life…
- I had a tumultuous five years after my divorce. I was in a passionate but challenging relationship, I did however discover a wilder side of myself. It also led me to spiritual growth so I am grateful for the experience. And now I’m embracing my new beginnings like a butterfly emerging from its cocoon.Characteristics of your ideal man…
- Humor, connection to nature, likes children & animals, noble, protective, honest, passionate.Challenges of single/co-parenting…
- Having to be both nurturing and the disciplinarian.How do you feel about aging?
- The lifestyle changes I’ve made have freed me from illness so I truly feel better than I did in my 20’s. This is the best age for me so far, because we’re old enough to know how fleeting it all is, yet still young enough to enjoy it!What do think your 50’s will be like?
- Somewhere on a farm…working on my skincare line, writing books, being around my daughters & their children, traveling...Advice to your younger self…
- Listen to your gut. Act out of love, not fear. Don’t take things too personally.How do you stay in shape?
- Hiking, Pilates, Kundalini Yoga, throwing on some music & dancing with my girls.Any vices?
- Bad boys (literally) and Breaking Bad (the TV show) totally addicted!Your own favorite recipes…
- Chickpea kale quinoa dish - Cookies w almond flour + coconut sugar - Fava bean dipFavorite places to eat around town...
- Café Gratitude, Axe, Mozza, Cookbook in Echo Park, Farmer & The Cook in Ojai.How do you want to be remembered
- For being an instrument of love and for somehow protecting our Mother Earth.
- I think first and foremost, fashion should be fun. I like to find and wear unexpected things. I bring a lot of different influences into my personal style. I love to shop and I mix things up a lot. I like to be unpredictable.There's lots of really cool art in your house..tell us about it.
- My husband is an artist and it's important to both of us that our home is filled with art. We have a very eclectic mix, most of which is from friends and things that we have collected together along the wayYou're in a happy marriage..what's your recipe?/
- Well my husband likes to say "Happy wife, happy life"..I mean, apart from having a super strong physical attraction to one another, being able to appreciate life together and not take it for granted, but also being able to laugh about it i think are the key ingredients.Do you exercise regularly?
- I have been studying pilates for about 10 yrs now, I practice the Fletcher method. Finding something you love and bringing it into your every day is so important. Exercise is a big part of my life.Describe your parenting style.
- That's a tough one, let's just say, I don't like my kids to have dirty food faces and fingers. Getting messy is cool and then learning to wash your hands and face is even cooler.Products you swear by...
- I like this lipstick called "hello sailor" by the lipstick queen, when you roll it out of the tube its blue which is a little strange at first, but it gives just the right tint. I also love Aesop products, I actually like to cut my Aesop body cream with palmers shea butter lotion, I know it's a little crazy but it makes for the perfect moisturizer.You've shopped retail all over the world, what do you like about Heist?
- Heist is a great representation of LA which is something that a lot of stores have a difficult time with. The product mix really feels easy and embodies LA life.Favorite brands at Heist?
- Current favorites would be Roseanna - I am obsessed, Strom Jeans are the best fitting jeans I've ever had in my life, I love them. NSF, V::room, Giada Forte, Isabel, etc etc...the list goes on...
- Overall I’d describe my style as simple, classic, comfortable, with some bohemian flair. In both fashion and my home, I like clean, contemporary lines and colors but with a burst of personality. I like bits of complementary contrast. My home is a traditional craftsman style but with modern finishes and a combination of antique and modern furniture. Comfort is key for me, soft materials and environments that feel good.What are your favorite brands?
-Isabel Marant, Vanessa Bruno, Closed, Prada, LanvinDescribe your work.
-About 8 years ago, I started my own marketing and PR agency with a focus on marketing to and building brands around women. We represent philosophy-driven brands and individuals in health, fitness, wellness, and active living. All of our clients are making some kind of positive impact in the world and our goal is to help them do that. Since I started the business, my goal has been to promote positive messages and to help build positive female role models – it’s an amazing time for women!Your company focuses on promoting the importance of healthy lifestyles. How do you incorporate these principles into your own life?
-I am constantly seeking out the latest and greatest in health and wellness – new experts, ideas, innovations and foods. I’m also very active. I run, do yoga, play tennis, and go to the gym. I eat healthily although I do love cheese and dessert -- especially dark chocolate (Green + Black’s 70%, specifically). I do a 3-day juice cleanse once a month as a reset and it makes me feel great – somehow it also makes me feel fine about eating what I want the rest of the time.Who is your biggest role model?
-I am grateful for many role models in my life. My mom taught me that anything is possible if you set your mind to it. My grandfather was always my role model for business and general life lessons. My grandmother taught me about unconditional love and she and my grandfather were the ultimate role models for marriage, family and love.Favorite local places to eat?
-The Tasting Kitchen, Axe, Gjelina, Giorgio’s, Venice Ale House.We hear you’re a dog lover and passionate about animal rescue. Tell us about your dog.
-Bernard was rescued by the Humane Society of NY from St. Bernard’s Parish in New Orleans right after Hurricane Katrina. He was born right after the storm and was saved with his two sisters, Babe and Bartlett and his mom Paisley. I always say that Bernard and I rescued each other – he is the best. He’s almost 9! Now I’m very active with dog welfare and rescue organizations, specifically the ASPCA and Wags and Walks, a local rescue organization. I'd rather stop and talk to a dog than a person any day!What do you want to be remembered for?
-Having a positive impact in the world and making people laugh and making people feel loved.If you could choose any other career, what would it be and why?
-I think it would have been fun to be a musician/rock star. It couldn’t be further from this life since I don’t play a single instrument. Next life, perhaps!What is one piece of advice you wish you could tell your 18-year-old self?
-I would tell her that every challenge we face in life is a great lesson. As painful as situations may seem, they’re actually gifts that will make us better and stronger in the future. It’s hard to see it in the moment, but it’s something I’ve learned over and over again and wish I had perspective on at a much younger age.
— Airy, whimsical, dreamy, photo-journalisticDid you grow up in a creative environment?
— Hell no...I don't even remember having coloring books as a kid!!So then how did you get into photography?
— I just started carrying a camera around and realized I see things more beautifully through its lens.What do you hold dearest to your heart?
— My passportHow many entries are there in it?
— 30 countriesBest part of your work?
— Capturing life. I'm living my storyWorst part of your work?
— Keeping track of receiptsIs there anything that limits your creativity?
— I always tell my clients "you can't photoshop love"Have you ever been in love?
— Yes, he just doesn't know it yet...How did you discover Heist?
— Um, you're my aunt.Favorite brands?
— Raquel Allegra, Golden Goose, Isabel Marant, Avant ToiFavorite spots?
— Bikram Yoga, Cafe Gratitude, Farmer's Market